Sunday, December 19, 2010


Zane has been sick for weeks now. Right when i was a my whits end (im sure he was too) yesterday he woke up from his nap smiling! Everyone is so much happier now! While he was sick he was the worst version of himself! I don't think i have even seen this version before. He would obsess over everything!!! One afternoon he FREAKED out because he just HAD to wear his boots to bed! Every little thing was a big deal and he would not sleep! At times it was even hard to feel bad for him he would be so evil. It was like having a newborn that could sling insults at you while contemplating how he could make everyone feel as bad as he did. He pretty much tried everything once and brought extra pain on himself at times for being so bad. Most days right when i thought it would be a nice little adventure if i just jumped over the embankment and go for a swim in the freezing water he would come around and say or do something super sweet. (i have to add he was having so much sinus trouble his ears were mostly plugged and we started having trouble understanding him when he would talk which didn't help a bit) So last week he came up to me holding a pen and paper. He asked me ,in a voice that sounded like he was plugging his nose while talking, "Mommy will you draw me a picture". I said "What do you want me to draw?" Zane says, "The letter B" "huh?" Irritated that he had to repeat himself he growls "The letter B....PLEASE" "ok ok" I draw the letter B and he looks at it proudly and says "The B says Buh" I say, "Now should i draw you a bunny Zane?" "No! How 'bout the letter L" It went on for about 15 min. He would ask me to "draw" a letter and then he would tell me the sound it made and ask for another:) 2 yrs old going on 5 i guess.

1 comment:

  1. Poor precious Little Guy! He will be a whole new child once you move to a new house. I'm convinced that 110% of his acting out had to do with him being horribly sick. It's weird... sometimes you don't realize how miserably ill you were until you start to feel better.

    I hope everything's going okay for you guys and that you're able to get resettled soon. Give my precious boys a hug for me?

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete