Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Curlyheaded soap eater


Zane is just one of those kids...EVERYTHING goes in his mouth. Jordan,my oldest son, wasn't like that at all. You could set him in a room full of Polly pockets, pennies and jelly beans and he would just pick them up study them and figure out where he could put them. Well that wasn't always good either i suppose. Jordan once took a penny and tried to stick in a light socket. I just happened to have a Glade plug-in in the outlet so he ended up dropping the penny behind the plug-in that was half pulled out from the wall. There was a big flash of light and it blew the breaker, not before burning the light socket black! He sat there wide eyed! I would like to say it scared him but he just sat there and said "OH WOOOW" like it was fourth of July and i should be proud. Sadly i had to give him a good whooping for fear he thought it was so cool he would do it again.
Zane on the other hand thinks the world is his ice cream cone. Everything must be licked or if its small enough put into his mouth. Which is what he is doing in the picture. Jordan got some candy for Valentines day so Zane had to taste the container.:) So yesterday it was the dish soap container. He got one out of the trash and tipped it back and took a swig(it was mixed with water). There was bubbles on his face and everything. He made a strange face and shrugged. I was horrified so of course he thought that meant it was a joke and he needed to run off with the bottle while attempting to do it again. Hours later he was getting into things under my moms kitchen sink while i was trying to help Jordan with his Science project. I turn around and he is making a awful face and trying to wipe his tongue off. It scared me since there is more than just soap down there! Since he cant tell me what he just ate i did something only a mother would do. I swabbed his mouth with my finger....and tasted it. :( I felt like i was a kid again getting soap put in my mouth for talking back. I was thankful that was all it was and i think that time he learned his lesson. He was asking for water and burping a lot for the next 15 min. and every time he looked over at the sink he shook his head while wiping his tongue and saying "no no no".

2 comments:

  1. OMG. Laughing in a horrified, protective Auntie kind of way... sometimes the hardest lessons are the ones on things we put in our mouths or that come out of the same.

    Zane is so fiercely cute! I love the "no no no"... he is such a little Professor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Your writing is perfect just as it is. Never change. Ever. You are the best (and only) YOU. Every word you write is precious, every thought you extend is valued, here. I love you, Gooblin.

    ReplyDelete