Thursday, January 8, 2009

He speaks :O)


Ok so since Zane was about 5 weeks old he has said what sounds like "hi". Whenever we would say it over and over to him he would end up saying it...not really directed at us. Of course he is a small baby. Well he is 5 months now and yesterday he said "Mama"!! At first i was like what no way... but he has said it 7 times since yesterday and every time he has been with someone else looking my way or when i put him down. I'm sure he doesnt know what he is saying but he is still saying it!! I take great pride....a word is a word right. Or is it only counted when they really know what they are saying? That is what one of my sisters thinks. Like its not a word if they aren't pointing at it and saying it or something. Though i know what she means but still sheesh don't ruin my mommy moment. I didnt count hi. Even though that is something we said over and over to him and he can still say/repeat whatever.

Anyhow it was exciting for me! At least i know he wont have trouble putting words together!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that OTHER sister's opinion doesn't count. MY vote is that he said his first word and he knows exactly who you are! Hmmm... must be that Bachelor's degree in early childhood education... clouds her judgment sometimes, I think :)

    Anyway, the most important thing is: have you told him that I am coming to claim him TOMORROW because he is so cute!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete